FIRST Tech Challenge Core Values
Volunteers are integral to the FIRST community. The FIRST Tech Challenge relies on Volunteers to run the program at many levels, from managing a region to Mentoring an individual Team. FIRST Tech Challenge Affiliate Partners coordinate the program in each region or state. These FIRST Tech Challenge Partners fundraise, run Tournaments, hold workshops and demonstrations, market FIRST Tech Challenge locally, handle public relations, and recruit Volunteers and Teams. They are a tremendous resource for Mentors and FIRST Tech Challenge would not exist without them.
FIRST asks everyone who participates in FIRST Tech Challenge to uphold and promote the following values:
- We act in a Gracious and Professional manner with everyone we engage with and in everything we do.
- We act with integrity.
- We have fun.
- We are a welcoming community of students, mentors, and volunteers.
- What we learn is more important than what we win.
- We respect each other and celebrate our diversity.
- Students and adults work together to find solutions to challenges.
- We honor the spirit of friendly competition.
- We behave with courtesy and compassion for others at all times.
- We act as ambassadors for FIRST and the FIRST Tech Challenge.
- We inspire others to adopt these values.